La Commune est à Nous! : Join us on september 9th
« Municipality is ours » is a Massive Open Online Citizen Course (MOOC), a tool to freely and largely disseminate experiences, tools and analysis on the diversity of municipalism in the world and how it can be a possible and concrete political alternative at the local level in France.
The MOOC intends to meet 2 main goals :
A better understanding of municipalism in public debate. A campaign in the public debate in France towards the next local elections (2020) to better know municipalism as a concrete political alternative.
To strengthen local municipalist dynamics in emergence. Resources for citizens, activists and experts to seize experiences, tools, alternative public policies coming from International, European, Spanish and French municipalist initiatives to inspire and kick off similar dynamics in their own contexts.
From september 9 to october 20, 2019
The courses will deal with several key questions organized around 8 modules :
- Module 1 : MOOC presentation: how does it works?
- Module 2 : What is municipalism, history and definition?
- Module 3 : What kind of sparks, fertile ground and mobilization strategies?
- Module 4 : From mobilization to electoral campaing : how to move from the fragmentation of practices and actors to the confluence; and from the social sphere to the political arena?
- Module 5 : What are the principles, values and process to rebuild confidence in people, in democracy and in institutions at the municipal level?
- Module 6 : What does it mean to organize a democratic system FROM, FOR and WITH the people?
- Module 7 : What kind of alternative public policies and results to answer to the urgents social, ecological and democratic issues?
- Module 8 : How to find solutions and strategies to influence supra-local scales?
Municipality is ours : 8 steps to understand municipalism!
This course is the result of the collaboration between Commonspolis and the Mouvement Utopia, which have been working since 2016 to enhance citizen initiatives promoting democratic radicalism, respect for human and nature rights and the defense of the commons.
You can already register for the course at
And you can follow us on